Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This is for all the Lonely People

I've been leaving Angwin around 8:30 AM everyday for work, but today I decided to go in early. Even though it was hard to get out of bed and get ready for the day, my mood suddenly changed when a song came on the radio. K-Love is usually left on in my car 1) because I love the music and 2) it is one of the only stations that comes in loud and clear no matter where I am. I was surprised when I heard a familiar tune by America being played on a Christian radio station this morning. The song is called "Lonely People," and it's a message to anyone that's been hurt in a relationship to not give up on love and try again. My dad often played their music while I was growing up, and I grew attached to this rock-folk group of three.

So, why was K-Love playing the song? It turns out Dan Peek, one of the "Americans," passed away on Sunday. Before he died, he became a Christian and left the band. He then wrote new lyrics to "Lonely People." Here's the song...


It's amazing how God knows exactly what you need to hear, when you need to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment