Saturday, June 30, 2012

Greetings from Africa

I'm sitting in a cold room in a little chalet in Lilongwe, Malawi. It's about 7 am here - 10 pm at home. My flight to Kenya leaves in 6 hours and then it's off to Rwanda for 10 days. The first part of my trip was amazing! Malawi really is the Warm Heart of Africa. Everyone we met was so nice and happy to talk to us mizungas (white people). So far in the last two weeks I have observed a surgery, given health lectures, performed health screenings for children, helped with VBS at the church, seen nyalas, giraffes, fishing eagles, zebras, and baboons, carried a bucket on top of my head (not as well as the women here), ate my first sugar cane and papaya, snorkeled with beautiful fishes, and a lot more. I have been journaling every day, so I'll post excerpts when I get home.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am super envious right now! Such exciting experiences!

    ReplyDelete