Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June In Pictures

The entirety of June has been one huge blur. As my previous entry states, my grandfather passed away almost 2 weeks ago now. It's tough to lose someone special in your life, but Aren was there to help me through it all. Last week, we had the chance to have some fun before his big move to San Diego.

We never really had the chance to spend time together without school getting in the way. During vacations he had basketball and mission trips and I had trips of my own. The month of June was our window of "quality hang-out time" and we planned accordingly. He left today for Oceanside to begin his new life as a Youth Pastor. I'm so thankful for the time we spent together before he left, and I'm excited for this adventure he's about to take.


Here's a look at our week schedule.


Day One




We started off by washing my car. Dad had written on the back and side windows for graduation. I had to use gasoline, windex and a putty knife to get it off, while Aren put his washing abilities to work.



Next we went to Villa Corona and got our entire meal for free! A big thanks to Mr. Kebbas for those gift certificates in our Finals Survival Kits.


When we got back, we realized Aren suffered a major burn. Poor white guy.


Day Two




The next day, Aren made one of the only meals in his repertoire: oatmeal with cinnamon. I really tried to enjoy it, but the fact is I hate oatmeal. The toast was excellent, however.


Aren's first time in a salon. I can neither confirm, nor deny that he got a pedicure that day.


I had been talking about "Godfather Night" for months. Finally, I had the chance to do it! I made margherita pizza, bruschetta, breaded chicken, pasta two ways, salad, and a sparkling POM drink. I bought tiramisu at Trader Joe's. (I would highly recommend it, but refrain from inhaling the cocoa powder on top.) Aren gave the movie and meal two thumbs up.


Day Three




Aren and I took our second trip to San Francisco. During the first trip, we ate at Piazza Pellegrini, located in Little Italy in North Beach. We immediately fell in love. The staff is authentic and the food is authentic. We ordered the same meals. Fettuccini Bolognese for him and Linguine al Pesto Genovese con Pollo for me. If you're ever in Little Italy you must eat here!


Time for a Giants game! We parked on the dock right next to the Bay Bridge.





The nice man from New York took our picture. Another win for the Good Guys.


Day Four

We got Guignis for free (thanks again Mr. Kebbas) and then Jamba Juice on our way to Sacramento. Best combination of all time.


At the Kings Draft Party in Roseville. Aren played Hassan Whiteside (player for the Kings) at a free throw contest at Dave and Busters. Of course Aren dominated...


Aren with some Kings radio celebrities.


Days Five and Six

On Friday we made our way back to my house. Sabbath was a relaxing day consisting of a big meal, resting, reading, wiffle ball, chalk drawings and late night ice-cream runs to the Big Dipper. (Also, for free!) Above is a picture of my masterpiece on the driveway.



Days Seven, Eight and Nine

On Sunday, we made our way back to Sacramento after stopping at Jamba Juice (again). We looked at cars for Aren. (He needed to find one before he left for San Diego.) Our Monday consisted of wheeling and dealing with a man named Frank for the Honda Accord he saw the previous day. I was very impressed with Aren's bargaining skills and he found a great car.

Finally, Aren found a car. We had been praying and he had been looking for weeks. We found this gem in Sacramento and got it the next day.


That night we went out to Aren's favorite restaurant, Red Robin, for his goodbye dinner with friends.


Aw, true love! Aren and his pal Eric.

On Tuesday we spent most of our morning at the DMV for a transaction that took maybe 5 minutes to complete. When we got back to his house it was time to load up. It was raining at the time. He claims Sacramento was crying for him. When we got back to the house it was time for one last Bachelorette night together. In case you are watching, we are Ames' biggest fans!

Check, check, check!


Even though he insists check-marks should be placed after the item listed, I still like him.

2 comments:

  1. Aww you guys are so cute together! Glad you could finally spend some quality time together. Trevor gets here on Saturday and then we finally get to spend some time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katy! You must be excited Trevor is coming. Have an awesome time together!

    ReplyDelete