Tuesday, September 27, 2011

LLU SPH MBA

Hello!

I'm writing to you from the sometimes smoggy, but mostly nice campus of Loma Linda University. I moved into the dorm this past Thursday with a little help from my slave, I mean boyfriend, Aren. The next day was filled with obtaining an ID badge, buying my books and dorm room necessities, and driving to Oceanside for the weekend. I imagine I will be over there almost every week. It will be nice to breathe clean air. I had orientation all day yesterday in this fantastic building called Centennial Complex where I will be attending class for the next couple of years. That was followed by the Back to School Bash where everything was free! I got my first LLU shirt, water bottle and gym bag, and dinner (I am in the process of creating a calendar simply consisting of events in which free food is provided).

My first class is tonight: Business Communication (which I did take at PUC, but is not good enough for LLU standards). Even before classes have commenced, I have a huge reading assignment. After almost three hours of lecture, I'll try to hit the Drayson Center and check out my first class called Yogalaties, which I'm assuming is a blend of Pilates and Yoga (both of which I have never attempted - so wish me luck).

So far it's great being down here and getting acquainted with everything, but I'm sure I won't be singing its praises once classes really get going. Graduate work is supposed to be pretty time consuming and challenging so your prayers are always welcome!

Representing the SPH at LLU.

More Later,

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment